A shrieking broomcupboard

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: A shrieking broomcupboard

Post  Alexandria Black on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:33 am

Alex mirrored the grin forming on Amber's face, she had tried muggle alcohol, when her mum wasn't looking, but Alex had yet to try the magical, no pun intended, drinks. Walking up to the counter, where the bartender had a back turned towards them, Alex ordered in an authoritative voice, "One for me too."

Surprisingly, the voice came out all right not sounding ridiculous as Alex had feared. Trying to smother a laugh at Amber's attempts to look taller, Alex didn't bother to do that herself. At 5'3", she was more than the average height and if the guy asked, which she doubted he would, she would act offended. Acting being a strong suit for her.

"Yes, I am. Though I don't care about the houses, any would do."
Alexandria Black

Galleons : 128

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Willamson on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:40 am

Amber gave Alex a sidelong glance as she tried not to laugh and Amber was having a hard time not laughing herself. She wasn't expecting to do this today either.
"Yeah, one moment," the bartender grumbled. He picked up two glasses and began filling them with an assortment of liquids before setting them in front of the two girls without a second glance.
Smirking, Amber hastily threw the money on the counter and half walked half ran over to a table and chairs in the back corner. Once she sat down she began trying to soften her laughter, yet failed miserably. "Okay, to be honest I never thought that would work," She managed.
Amber Willamson

Galleons : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:46 am

Alex couldn't help the smirk making its way onto her face, as she put the money on the table, calling out, "Thanks!" Almost as a reflex action, as she picked up the glass and followed Amber to a table in the back corner. She had to walk carefully, hoping not to spill it, but in her excitement, still managed to bump into three people, as well as almost trip from a chair leg, before unceremoniously dropping into the chair.

"That. Was. AWESOME!!!!" She said, setting the glass on the table. "On the count of three? One...........two.....three!" She said as she hurriedly gulped down the contents of the glass, choking a little as the burning liquid made its way down her throat.
Alexandria Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Willamson on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:51 am

Amber followed Alex's example yet chocked on the third gulp. After a coughing fit she managed to finish the rest of her drink, more or less without coughing. The burning in her throat and stomach somehow calmed her a tiny bit, but just barely enough to notice anything at all. Amber shrugged, maybe alcohol just didn't affect her very much, which could be a good and a bad thing, now that she thought about it. She turned back to Alex, "Well, did you like it- feel any different?" She asked her.
Amber Willamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:57 am

Alex had finished the whole glass in one single gulp. She tend to do that, tings she was slightly nervous, not sure about, one thing, in a rush, seconds and gone, that's how she liked to finish it. This case was no different, so she hadn't coughed much, tough even Alex would admit she did cough a bit, but she had rather found the burning feeling comforting, interesting even. It made Alex wonder how they made it to go that way.

"Other than the sudden urge to eat dumplings and try to figure out how they make the fiery sensation, no." Alex admitted honestly, maybe alcohol wasn't cut out for her? She would have to try more to know, but she doubted this was a time. Maybe when she was older?
Alexandria Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Willamson on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:04 am

Amber smiled, that seemed like a typical Alex reaction, from how well Amber knew her- which wasn't well, but all the same. "Yeah the fiery part is weird, but then again that's magic for you." She said. Glancing around the pub she noticed it was pretty empty, just like everything else around here. She shrugged. "Okay, so since I just moved here and all do you know of anything that I should see before I go to Hogwarts?" She asked her.
Amber Willamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:11 am

"Yeah, but I would still like to figure out. I mean, it must have something to do with the molecular combinations." Alex replied distractedly, holding up her now empty glass into the light. It was grimy, but Alex did not notice that, what she was noticing was the drop of swirling red liquid.

Upon hearing Amber's question, she put the glass back down and quirked an eyebrow, "And you are asking a girl who got lost in Knockturn Alley?"

Furrowing her eyebrows, she asked, "Well, have you gone to that ice cream shop?"
Alexandria Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Willamson on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:19 am

Amber smiled, "Hey, it's an easy place to get lost in, the only reason I'm not in some shop in the middle of nowhere right now is because I live here, and probably because we ran into each other." She said laughing slightly. Amber shook her head at Alex’s question. "No not yet, I might go look at it later." Amber got a curious expression on her face. "So, do you live around here or are you just traveling to buy your school stuff?" She asked. Amber was curious since Alex hadn't told her anything about herself and Amber was eager to find out more about her. But she didn't want to pry too much, she had never really liked talking about herself, her family- or anything very personal really so she wouldn't force Alex if she could help it.
Amber Willamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 am

"I could get lost in a square room!" Alex muttered, shaking her head slightly. "Whats put you in such a good mood, snappy pants?" Alex asked curiously, before, when she had met Amber, the girl had seemed angry, now she was laughing and seemed to be enjoying herself.

"So you want to come there with me? I could get you some items that are not on the menu! We could have a brain freeze contest!" Alex answered excitedly, her eyes twinkling as she thought of what all they could do. "I could even meet you up with Snitch." She offered, as a final bribe to close the deal.

'I live in London, but not in Diagon Alley. Which place in Germany are you from?" She asked, playing with her charms bracelet as she waited for an answer.
Alexandria Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Willamson on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:37 am

Amber got a thoughtful expression on her face, why was she in such a good mood? Maybe the firewhisky was affecting her. "Eh, I'm out of the house." She paused, "and sure, but I'll probably lose." She said honestly. Amber pushed her empty glass to the side of the table and rested her head in her hands.
"I'm from Frankfurt, but I just moved here yesterday." She told her. She hadn't been in a good mood ever since her parents had told her they were moving. She didn't want to leave her old friends, almost all of which were muggles surprisingly enough, she liked her old home, and ever though she would have gone to Hogwarts and had to leave her old friends anyways, she had thought she would have preferred to at least spend the holidays there. But now that she’s seen a bit more of the magical world, she wasn't so sure if she was upset about the move or not.
Amber raised an eyebrow at Alex at the mention of someone named after a piece of quidditch equipment. Amber had always been fascinated by quidditch, but someone named snitch? Poor kid. “And who’s snitch? A friend of yours?”
Amber Willamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:46 am

"Of course, I don't expect you to win, but you could try to be good competition!" Alex answered in a sure voice, not doubting that she could lose. Raising an eyebrow at Amber's reason, Alex replied, "Well don't expect hugs from me!" It was clear the girl missed someone, but Alex couldn't figure out who, and though she was dying to find out who, she kept it in. Herculean task for her.

"And you already know your way around? I am impressed!" She added in a genuinely awed voice, she couldn't figure her way about her neighborhood, till she was eight, not that she was ever going to tell anyone that.

"No, the bane of my existence!" She replied brightly, "So its decided." She added, pulling Amber up and dragging her outside excitedly. Shielding her eyes from the sudden bright light, she commented, "It sure was dark there." As she waited for Amber to figure out that she had no idea exactly where the ice cream shop was.
Alexandria Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Willamson on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:55 am

"Whoa!" Amber yelped as Alex dragged her from her chair and out the door. Stumbling to keep up with the excited Alex she asked, "Okay, so where are we going? I know my way around Knockturn Alley but when it comes to Diagon, I'm dead lost." She said. Shooting Alex a confused glance at the 'bane of my existence' statement she shrugged. "Well I'll find out who snitch is soon." She muttered to herself as she let Alex drag her along.
Amber Willamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 am

"Well you just get me to Diagon Alley, and I will do the rest." Alex had a sense of direction, she had always a vague idea about where a thing or a place would be, what she got lost in was in memorizing the names and the exact turns. But she was pretty sure she could get them to the ice cream if she went to at least Diagon Alley.

"You want to take a detour towards Leaky Cauldron? That ways I can pick up Snitch and get some off menu items from the ice cream shop too!"
Alexandria Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Willamson on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:06 am

Amber shrugged, "Sure." She glanced around at the signs and after a few moments decided to go left down the side alley they had came in through. After a few minutes of walking they unfortunately found the unconscious man again, but at least Amber knew they were on the right track. "Okay, I think it's this way." Amber said. She walked over to a set of stairs and climbed up them with Alex close behind. A few seconds later Amber held up her hand to block out the sun light coming from Diagon Alley. "Here, we are." She glanced at Alex, "Lead the way."
Amber Willamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:22 am

Alex had followed Amber quietly enough, by her standards at least. She had spent the entire way trying to memorize the way, even though she would forget it soon enough, but there is no harm in trying, is there?

Blinking as her eyes adjusted from the light change, she nodded, "Sure!" Relishing her role as the person who knows the way, other than the exact opposite, for a change.

Sure, she took a few wrong turns, knocked over at least five people and stopped and looked around in a confused manner more than a few times, but she got them to Leaky Cauldron in a good enough shape, and under fifteen minutes to boot.
Alexandria Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Willamson on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:27 am

((I'll just post in the Leaky Cauldron for this part.))
Amber Willamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum