Hogwarts Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muggle or Wizard?

2 posters

Go down

Muggle or Wizard? Empty Muggle or Wizard?

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 am

Damian nodded while he walked into the shop. There was a lot of different things in the dusty room, some of which he didn't even want to know about yet was still interesting.

He looked around the room and looked at the signs with interest.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Galleons : 78

Back to top Go down

Muggle or Wizard? Empty Re: Muggle or Wizard?

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:31 am

Alex sneezed as she walked in, the dust flying up by the movement of the door. Alex looked around for some sale guy or someone and when she found no one around, she suddenly realized that they had no idea what to say, so she took the opportunity to go up to Damian and whisper,

"What are we gonna say? I am thinking that we tell him what our names really are, just not specify that we're not THE Blacks, he'll think, we're THE Blacks and would give us all the info we need without asking too many questions! In fact, we could make it seem like we want to buy something of his!!" She paused as she went over what she had said, "You know, that sounded a whole lot better in my head."
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Galleons : 128

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:39 am

Damian nodded when he heard her plan. It sounded a lot better then just asking questions and making people suspisious.

"It sounds alright, some of this stuff is actually intersting" he said while he looked over the different things. He then saw a short man walk out of a back room that he didn't even notice at first.

"Hello children, is there anything I can do for you today?" he asked.

"We are looking, I am interested in something a little more unique then usual" Damian said. He talked like his father did when he shopped. Now, he was glad that he went with his parents to boring places.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:48 am

Alex watched as the short man nodded, shooting an impressed look at Damian, before looking down to check on Snitch. She shouldn't have worried, he was not leaving her side any time soon. What he said next caused her to sharply look up.

"So what exactly are you both looking for? In what categories? Our collection is vast, so if you tell us your preferences beforehand......" he trailed off expectantly as Alex went into thinking mode.

All she wanted to do right now was ask the guy a straight question about if he knew any Holmes? But that wouldn't get her anyways, not if the way Damian was talking was a clue, so she tried to talk like someone she had seen on tv some time ago.

"One of our friend's birthday is coming up and we would like to give her something special to.....make sure she always remembers our.......friendship." She explained with a smile. When he still looked at her expectantly, she mentally sighed and rolled her eyes, before adding, "She likes reading books."

Her smile dropped the moment the guy turned around and she stuck her finger down her throat, before straightening up lest he turns around faster that she expects him too.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:57 am

Damian listened to Alex and was glad she thought as fast as she could talk. He wondered if the man was as stupid as he looked and knew it when he needed Alex to explain more.

He snickered and watched her when the man's back was turned.

"There are a few books in the back that your friend might be interested in" he said, glaring a little and went to get them.

"If there are any History ones, we can bring up the 'Holmes' family, if we are lucky, he might say something" Damian whispered to Alex.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am

"Yeah that's good. We could even bring it up if the guy gets books on crime or something." Alex agreed, thinking about ways in which she could bring up Holmes. 'By the way, you know? That part I said about birthday, its true! My-" but Alex was interrupted as the guy came out from the back, carrying a stack of books looking almost twice his height.

"So here is our collection of books!" he said, as if it was not the most obvious thing in the world, taking out the first book from the pile and keeping it on the counter, making a giant cloud of dust rise up from it, causing Alex to sneeze loudly.

"Excuse me." she said, ignoring the glare the short man gave her.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:09 am

Damian nodded and looked over the books. Some were kind of dark but he wasn't paying much attentioon to them.

He picked up one of the books and looked through it. "Huh, look at this Alex, a book about crimes" he said naturely while he looked through the book.

The man was paying attention to him.

"It doesn't mention many people though" Damian said.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:16 am

"Crimes? Say, remember the time when she had gone on and on about this guy....this guy....' Alex put on a slightly confused look as if the name seemed to escape her memory, while in reality, she knew it as well as she knew her own name. "I got it...Sherlock Holmes, right? She just loves him!" she turned to the sales guy, attempting to try and make conversation with him.

"That must be a great gift! Do you have anything about the Holmes guy in your collection? If you do, then that is the perfect gift for her!"

"Well I am not really sure...."

Desperate times, desperate measures. "Do try your hardest please! It'll be the....best gift for her! It will make her birthday totally special." she added, trying her very own puppy-eyed look. It seemed tyo work, as the guy went back to find some more books.

All that sweet talking was making Alex sick, so she pretended to be bending down and pretending to pat Snitch or something.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:13 am

Damian listened to Alex and was impressed with her acting. By the look on the guy's face, they might actually be getting somewhere.

"Yeah, I think that was the guy she always goes on about" he said while he looked over the things by the counter. Quite a few things had caught his interest.

He grinned when the guy went into the back to look for anything about Sherlock Holmes. "Nice" he snickered when he was gone.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:21 am

"Yeah well lets just hope that I don't need to act some more." Alex replied, ignoring his snickering, she would get back at him, but she doubted that even SHE could make a plausible story about why in place of the elven year old boy the salesman had left, there is now a flapping fish.

Talking about the salesman, he turned to go to another shelf and smiled at Alex, who uneasily returned it. "That guy is creeping me out." she added.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:41 am

He just snickered more. "Yeah. He is a creepy guy" he said while he leaned on the counter. He had seen the guy a few times before while he waited outside the store and his mother talked with him.

"It would actually be interesting if that Holmes guy was a wizard" he said and looked over the different things on sale.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:45 am

"You have no idea!" Alex answered back, trying to contain SNitch who had started sneezing, and chasing after his own tail. "That is so cliche Snitch! Stop it!" she said, just as the guy returned carrying a HUGE stack of books.

"Is that a dog? I am sorry miss! We don't allow pets in here!" he said, in an apologetic tone, setting the books down. "You'll have to take him out."

Alex made a face at the guy, but decided to follow it up anyways, maybe Snitch gets scared out and stays quete for the rest of his life. Fat chance! She though as she passed Damien, muttering to him, "Call me inside if you get something!"
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down